Brushes & Tools
Refine Your Results By:
- Go to Category: Makeup Brush Sets
- Go to Category: Face and Foundation Brushes
- Go to Category: Eye Brushes
- Go to Category: Brush Care
- Go to Category: Makeup Sponges & Applicators
- Go to Category: Beauty Tools
- Go to Category: Brush Finder
- Go to Category: Precision Brush Collection
- Go to Category: All Brushes & Tools
- Go to Category: Detox Your Tools
- Refine by Brush Use: Blending
- Refine by Brush Use: Foundation
- Refine by Brush Use: Shading
- Refine by Brush Use: Powder
- Refine by Brush Use: Contour
- Refine by Brush Use: Eyebrow
- Refine by Brush Use: Blush
- Refine by Brush Use: Concealer
- Refine by Brush Use: Eyeliner
- Refine by Brush Use: Highlight
- Refine by Brush Use: Bronzer
- Refine by Brush Use: Stipple
* Nielsen U.S. xAOC, brush segment unit sales, 52wks ended 02.24.18.
Affordable Makeup Brushes - Vegan and Cruelty Free
While e.l.f. is best known for high-quality, affordable, cruelty-free makeup, we are now known for our vegan and cruelty-free makeup brushes as well. We understand that even when you’re working with the best shades and formulas, the proper tools can make all the difference in ease of application, and the finished look. It’s time for an upgrade with professional high performing affordable makeup brushes, sets and applicators. Whether it be a beauty sponge, eyelash curler, tweezers or more. e.l.f. has it all.
Want to build your own makeup brush set, but aren’t sure where to start? We have broken out our brushes into lip brushes, eye brushes, and face brushes to help create a vegan brush set that is right for you.
What makeup brushes are used for what?
Big fluffy brushes, little pencil brushes, and brushes for stippling, blending, and contouring—there are so many different sizes and types of makeup brushes and tools in existence, the options can be overwhelming. Which makeup brushes do you actually need, and what do you use them for?
To get you started on building your own makeup brush set, here is your must-have list, complete with seven can’t-live-without tools for creating an effortless and stunning makeup look every time:
- A flat foundation brush is essential for applying and blending liquid foundation and tinted moisturizer into a streak-free finish
- A fluffy face brush is a must for applying and blending your favorite powder face products for an airbrushed look
- A small, flat concealer brush is perfect for concealing small imperfections
- A curved sculpting brush will hug the contours of your face to help you define your cheekbones and nose while minimizing jawline definition with face products
- A rounded eyeshadow brush is ideal for applying the perfect amount of color to your lids to accentuate your eyes and accurately blend out your look
- A lip brush is perfect for applying and blending in your go-to lipsticks and glosses
- A brow brush and spoolie allows you to tame, groom, and fill in your brows
How should I pack makeup brushes for travel?
If you're heading on vacation, your makeup and brushes are obviously at the top of your packing list. However, if you don't pack them correctly, they can get bent out of shape. Here are four easy tips for properly and safely taking your favorite makeup tools on the go:
- Only travel with the handful of brushes you really need
- Pack your brushes in a separate makeup bag from your cosmetics to keep them clean (and don't forget to bring a travel-size brush cleaner spray!)
- Ensure the cosmetic bag you tote them in is big enough so you don't squish and mis-shape your bristles
- Invest in a complete face brush set that comes with a roll travel case for on-the-go ease when you *must* take your whole collection with you
Are e.l.f. makeup brushes vegan and cruelty free?
Yes! We’re proud to be 100% vegan and cruelty-free worldwide, which is an e.l.f.ing big deal. We believe that kindness is chic, so we never use animal material in our products or brushes. e.l.f. makeup brushes are professional-quality, vegan, and made with 100% synthetic Taklon nylon hair, which means they are also cruelty-free. Go ahead and feel as good as you look when you apply your makeup and create your favorite looks, totally guilt-free.